DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Easter Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Easter is celebrated to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion to redeem the world.
Aizawl: Easter Sunday, the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion to redeem the world, was celebrated all over Mizoram on Sunday with religious solemnity and gaiety by different church denominations. Band parties of different corps of the Salvation Army on Sunday woke the Aizawl populace by playing the hymn, 'He's arisen', and delivering sermons in almost all the street corners early Sunday morning.
Other churches like the Presbyterian Church, the Baptist Church and the Pentecostal Church also held praise and worship programme throughout Sunday and many local churches organised community feasts.
The Catholic Church organised mass in different cathedrals and community feasts as many Catholics, who fasted to signify the sufferings of Christ before and during the crucifixion, broke the fast.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh