Easter Sunday celebrated in Mizoram
Easter is celebrated to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion to redeem the world.
Aizawl: Easter Sunday, the resurrection of Jesus Christ after his crucifixion to redeem the world, was celebrated all over Mizoram on Sunday with religious solemnity and gaiety by different church denominations. Band parties of different corps of the Salvation Army on Sunday woke the Aizawl populace by playing the hymn, 'He's arisen', and delivering sermons in almost all the street corners early Sunday morning.
Other churches like the Presbyterian Church, the Baptist Church and the Pentecostal Church also held praise and worship programme throughout Sunday and many local churches organised community feasts.
The Catholic Church organised mass in different cathedrals and community feasts as many Catholics, who fasted to signify the sufferings of Christ before and during the crucifixion, broke the fast.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test