DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
EC to keep an eye on paid news
KOCHI: The Election Commission said that it would monitor reports that come under paid news and various advertisements to keep a t..
KOCHI: The Election Commission said that it would monitor reports that come under paid news and various advertisements to keep a tab on the poll expenses of the candidates. It has also decided to take strict action against these practices, said District Collector P I Sheik Pareeth, who is also the district returning officer. He said that paid news would come under advertisements and included in the expenditure of the candidate.
The companies had been asked to furnish details of those who have approached them for bulk SMS and radio advertisements.
A media committee has been constituted for observing advertisements and paid news.
The committee has been functioning under Public Relations Department deputy director N S Anil Kumar based on the supervision of ADM E K Sujatha.The media certification and monitoring centre, set up as per the directives of the Election Commission, has already started functioning at the Civil Station in Kakkanad.
The centre, with the technical support from the National Informatics Centre, will have elaborate facilities for observing and collecting newspaper reports, TV reports, news-related programmes advertisements and SMS campaigns.
Recommended For You
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Tendulkar's life Brought to Silver Screen
- Europa League: Ajax, Man United Indulge in Banter Ahead of Final
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish