Ecclestone says Brazil will remain on F1 calendar
Ecclestone, in Sakhir for the Bahrain GP, also says F1 is "talking to quite a few countries" about being added to the calendar.
Sakhir, Bahrain Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone insists the Brazilian Grand Prix will remain at Interlagos, saying he has received assurances from the mayor of Sao Paulo that long-demanded upgrades to the circuit will take place.
Ecclestone, in Sakhir for the Bahrain GP, also says F1 is "talking to quite a few countries" about being added to the calendar. Among them are Thailand, Mexico and Turkey.
Ecclestone says it is worth examining Bahrain's request to return to the season-opening slot, which returned to Australia when the Bahrain race was cancelled in 2011.
Ecclestone also reaffirmed his opposition to the turbocharged 1.6-liter V6 engines from 2014, which will replace the 2.4-liter V8s. He said he feared the switch would prompt a "fuel economy run."
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology