DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ecclestone says Brazil will remain on F1 calendar
Ecclestone, in Sakhir for the Bahrain GP, also says F1 is "talking to quite a few countries" about being added to the calendar.
Sakhir, Bahrain Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone insists the Brazilian Grand Prix will remain at Interlagos, saying he has received assurances from the mayor of Sao Paulo that long-demanded upgrades to the circuit will take place.
Ecclestone, in Sakhir for the Bahrain GP, also says F1 is "talking to quite a few countries" about being added to the calendar. Among them are Thailand, Mexico and Turkey.
Ecclestone says it is worth examining Bahrain's request to return to the season-opening slot, which returned to Australia when the Bahrain race was cancelled in 2011.
Ecclestone also reaffirmed his opposition to the turbocharged 1.6-liter V6 engines from 2014, which will replace the 2.4-liter V8s. He said he feared the switch would prompt a "fuel economy run."
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia