ED to quiz tax evader Hasan Ali's aide Tapuriah
Kashinath Tapuriah will be taken from the jail to ED office in on April 18 and April 19.
Mumbai: A court in Mumbai on Friday allowed the Enforcement Directorate to question Kashinath Tapuriah, the Kolkata-based businessman and a key aide of Pune based stud farm owner Hasan Ali Khan, for two days.
The Sessions Court in Mumbai permitted ED to take Tapuriah from Arthur Road jail to ED office in South Mumbai on April 18 and April 19.
The court also extended the judicial custody of Tapuriah till April 29.
According to ED sources, Bihar Congress leader Amlendu Pandey, who was questioned by the agency in Thursday is likely to be summoned again next week and confronted in front of Tapuriah.
The ED had earlier said that searches at the residence of Tapuriah had led to recovery of large number of documents including alleged transfer instructions from the account of Khan to various other accounts, and a copy of correspondence with UBS.
Khan, in his statement, had claimed that he had applied for a second passport on the instructions of Tapuriah in spite of his existing passport being in court's custody, the agency said.
Tapuriah allegedly had also travelled abroad with Khan to Switzerland, London, Dubai, Singapore and other countries to facilitate the money laundering activities of the latter.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology