Cabinet to discuss five bills on higher education
Foreign Education Providers Bill will regulate foreign universities.
New Delhi: The Union Cabinet will on Thursday discuss five bills that could change the face of higher education in the country.
The bills include the Foreign Education Providers Bill, which will regulate foreign universities, willing to open shop in India.
Incidentally foreign universities, willing to open shop in India, are at present out of the purview of reservations in higher education.
Institutes like the Imperial College in London and University of Glasgow have signed agreements with Indian counterparts to set up institutes in the country.
The Cabinet will also discuss the Malpractices Bill to penalise institutes duping students. Offenders will be punished with imprisonment for three years and fine of Rs 5 lakh.
The Tribunals Bill, The Architectural Council Bill and the Accreditation Bill will also be vetted by the Cabinet.
Tribunals Bill is about setting up tribunals to adjudicate on educational matters while Architectural Council Bill and the Accreditation Bill is to make accreditation on higher education institutes compulsory.
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte Wants US Troops Out in Two Years, Willing to Scrap Defence Pacts
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
From Our Network
- Punjab polls: As Kejriwal hobnobs with allies, Congress might just break its losing streak- FirstPost
- Diwali gift for commuters, DND flyway made toll free after Allahabad High Court order - Pradesh18
- Inspiring: Shahdol man, who lost both arms in an accident, drives auto-rickshaw to earn living - Pradesh18