Educational campuses to be made safe for women: Raju
The government assured to take all measures to ensure women are safe inside the campuses of universities and other educational institutions.
Hyderabad: Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister MM Pallam Raju on Thursday said the government would take all measures to ensure women are safe inside the campuses of universities and other educational institutions.
"We want to send a clear signal that there would be zero tolerance as far as instances of indecent behaviour against women are concerned. We will take all measures to make our campuses safe," he told reporters after inaugurating the building of School of Life Sciences in the University of Hyderabad.
Raju was replying to a query on the safety aspects of women students in universities. The Minister said he had an informal discussion with the University Grants Commission (UGC) Chairman recently over the safety issue.
In the backdrop of the Delhi gangrape incident, UGC has directed all institutions of higher learning to review and strengthen security measures for women and girls in their campuses.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology