Egypt's Defence Minister inspects Tahrir Square
Thousands of Egyptians are protesting against the Egyptian President at Tahrir Square.
Cairo: Egypt's Defence Minister Mohamed Hussein Tantawi and commanders of the Egyptian army on Friday inspected Cairo's Tahrir Square, a media report said.
Thousands of Egyptians are congregating at the square to hold protests against Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, Xinhua quoted state Nile News TV reported.
There has been tension since Friday morning at the square, which is the focal point of protests to oust Mubarak. The protesters are determined to force out Mubarak who has ruled them for the past 30 years.
The demonstration turned ugly on Wednesday night following clashes between government supporters and anti-government protesters, leaving eight people dead and over 800 injured.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology