Eight bogies of Durg-Puri Express derailed
Railways sources said some passenger may have suffered minor injuries but there was no report any loss of life.
Bhubaneswar: At least eight bogies of the Durg-Puri Express jumped off the track between Nuapada-Lakhna in Bolangir district of Odisha on Monday but there was no report of any loss of life, railway sources said.
"Around eight bogies of the Durg-Puri Express train number 18426 derailed at about 9 pm but the engine and five other bogies of the train are in tact," East Coast Railways (ECoR) Chief Public Relations Officer RN Mohapatra said.
A rescue team had been sent to the accident site, Mohapatra said adding some passenger may have suffered minor injuries in the derailment but there was no report of any passenger suffering any serious injury or any loss of life.
The incident took place on Titlagarh-Raipur section of East Coast Railway Zone, he said.
The driver of the train informed the headquarters about the incident, he said.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology