Eight Kashmiri Students of Mewar University Heckled in Rajasthan
TV grab of students protesting outside Mewar University
Jaipur: Eight Kashmiri students, studying at Rajasthan’s Mewar University, were allegedly heckled on Wednesday night by a group of unidentified people.
Police said four students were hospitalised while four others suffered minor injuries.
The attack is said to be in response to the heckling of a CRPF jawan during the recent elections in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Meanwhile, students from Jammu and Kashmir protested at the university on Thursday night.
“The incident happened on Wednesday evening when the students were in the market. Four-five unidentified persons asked the students about their names and permanent address and thrashed them," SHO Gangrar Dinesh Kumar said.
A case has been registered at Gangrar police station and a search has been launched for the accused.
Gangrar SHO said that there are nearly 500 Kashmiri students and 300 from Jammu studying at Mewar University.
Last year some Kashmiri students of Mewar University were attacked over rumours that they cooked beef in the hostel.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virender Sehwag Accepts Commentary Challenge from Sunny Leone
- IPL 2017: Virat Kohli Tired of RCB's Repeated Failure
- Priyanka to Rajkummar: Bollywood Actors Who've Mastered Roles in Disguise
- Azlan Shah 2017: Harmanpreet Slams Brace As India Blank Kiwis 3-0
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her