Eight Killed, Two Injured in Road Accident in Odisha
A truck collided with an auto-rickshaw killing eight people and seriously injuring two passengers in Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday.
Image for representation only.
Jagatsinghpur: A truck collided with an auto-rickshaw killing eight people and seriously injuring two passengers in Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday.
The collision took place at Chandol near here when the victims hailing from Machhagaon were returning after attending ceremonial 'Snana Purnima' ritual at Nemala, Inspector-in-Charge of Jagatsinghpur police station, Rajnikant Mishra said.
While seven persons, including a teenager, died on the spot, another succumbed to injuries at the hospital.
The injured were initially taken to the district headquarters hospital here and then shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack as their condition had deteriorated, the IIC said.
The driver of the truck fled from the spot and efforts were on to trace him.
Local residents staged a blockade on Jagatsinghpur - Machhagaon road near Chandol demanding adequate compensation for those killed and injured in the mishap. They also sought immediate arrest of the truck driver.
Police personnel were deployed in the area to maintain law and order and prevent any untoward incident.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri Get Into the Groove Ahead of First ODI
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- LFW 2017: A Rainbow-clad Ranveer Singh Turns Up and Steals The Show
- Kohli Hints At Chahal, Kuldeep Inclusion in First ODI