'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu' going steady at box office
The tradesmiths are sure it's a plus movie and are hopeful about it faring well during the second weekend too.
Mumbai: Though the film didn't register great opening numbers, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu did very well on Saturday-Sunday to make the numbers required. The tradesmiths are sure it's a plus movie and are hopeful about it faring well during the second weekend too.
Recalling the below average opening numbers at Rs 5.25 crore India net, trade analyst Komal Nahta says, "The general perception on Friday was that it wasn't possible for the film to do well. However, the collections picked up by 40 per cent on Saturday and another 10 per cent on Sunday. No wonder the numbers went up to Rs 7.5 crore on Saturday and Rs 8.5 crore on Sunday."
It is learnt that producer Karan Johar who spent Rs 36 crore on the Imran Khan-Kareena Kapoor rom-com has already recovered 60 per cent about Rs 21 crore from the rights for satellite, music and home video.
However, the movie hasn't registered as decent numbers in smaller towns and single screens. Delhi-based distributor Sanjay Ghai attributes it to the makers targetting the youth in urban India as their audience.
"Unlike the multiplex audience that has liked the movie, people in the single screens aren't getting it. The collections are just about average in the single screens," he points out.
Ghai points out, "Bombay, Delhi-UP, Punjab and Mysore are the territories that are getting the largest audience."
On the other hand, Hollywood films aren't having a great run at present. According to a multiplex head honcho, despite good reviews, Steven Spielberg's Oscar nominated film, War Horse didn't register good figures.
The trade is certain that the upcoming release, Ek Deewana Tha won't affect EMAET's second weekend in the theatres. "There's just no distinct buzz about it," they conclude.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like if it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- SP Meet Turns into Family Drama, Akhilesh & Shivpal Spar In Public
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal