'Ek Main Aur..' is inspired by Woody Allen films
Director-producer Karan Johar says the film is inspired by Hollywood director Woody Allen's style of filmmaking.
New Delhi: Director-producer Karan Johar, whose Kareena Kapoor-Imran Khan starer romcom 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu' is creating a buzz, says the film is inspired by Hollywood director Woody Allen's style of filmmaking.
The movie is directed by debutant Shakun Batra and produced under Johar's Dharma production.
"This is something new that Shakun is attempting here. He is a big fan of Woody Allen and brings with him a different grammar of filmmaking."
"As a result of that, you would see a lot more conversation happening here. You would notice that in many a Hollywood romcom, there are these walk-talk sequences where it is just you and the camera in motion. You would see something
similar in 'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu'," Johar said.
The 39-year-old, who is known for his romantic films 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai', 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham', 'Kal Ho Naa Ho', 'My Name Is Khan' and 'Wake Up Sid', also said that such films are far more difficult to do than conventional cinema.
"It is far tougher to find connectivity with an audience since there are no buffers like dramatic pauses, background score, props to enhance a scene. It is just the actors doing their talk and the trick is to hold a viewer's attention right through their conversation," he said.
- Jimmy Neesham to Miss Kolkata Test, Jeetan Patel's Arrival Delayed
- Gautam Gambhir 'Nervous as a Novice' After Shock Test Recall
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Anil Kumble
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony