'Ek Tha Tiger' remake denied by Director Jayam Raja
Director Jayam Raja denied the reports of directing remake of 'Ek Tha Tiger' with Vijay in the lead role.
There were reports that director Jayam Raja will be directing the remake of 'Ek Tha Tiger' in Tamil and that Vijay will essay the lead role in this film under Raja's direction.
When contacted the director he denied them as baseless reports and also denied reports that his father, Editor Mohan, bought the remake rights of the film.
'Ek Tha Tiger' starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif has already crossed the 100 crore mark in box office and is running to packed screens all over the country. With the success of the film emerged reports that Jayam Raja will remake it in Tamil and that the Telugu remake rights of it are sought after by top producers.
It was also strongly suggested that he would team up with his 'Velayudham' hero Vijay in the film, however the director has confirmed that he will not be directing this remake.
Meanwhile it looks like the director will debut in Bollywood with the remake of blockbuster 'Ramana' and Akshay Kumar seems to have been approached to essay the lead role.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Why Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Handed Him the Oscar
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune