'Ek Thi Daayan' team to visit Maha Kumbh
Ekta Kapoor is set to take Emraan Hashmi and Huma Qureshi to Allahabad to attend the Maha Kumbh.
New Delhi: Ekta Kapoor is set to take Emraan Hashmi and Huma Qureshi, lead actors of 'Ek Thi Daayan' to Allahabad to attend the Maha Kumbh. The religious producer wants the team to derive positive energy from the event.
"The Maha Kumbh is a renowned international event of epic proportions. Despite challenges in terms of logistics, we are taking the plunge to seek blessings and promote our first release of the year, in such a mammoth manner," Tanuj Garg, CEO, Balaji Motion Pictures, said in a statement.
They are expected to take a holy dip or 'shahi snan' at Sangam, the confluence of the Ganga, Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati rivers, on the auspicious Mauni Amavasya Feb 10.
It is said to be the busiest day in the Maha Kumbh, which is a 55-day affair. Lakhs of people are expected to be there, but that hasn't deterred the celebrity trio and the Balaji Motion Pictures team.
Emraan and Huma will reach Allahabad as early as Feb 8, and engage in a series of innovative activities to promote the keenly awaited supernatural thriller. The team will reside in specially constructed tents on the banks of the Ganga, amid tight security.
Emraan, who has been running against time to complete his Indian projects to start his international shoot with Danis Tanovic, has taken out three days from his hectic schedule to be a part of the event.
'Ek Thi Daayan', co-produced by Vishal Bhardwaj and directed by Kannan Iyer, releases worldwide April 18.
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District