Ekta Kapoor: Men's mentality in India a problem
Ekta Kapoor was reproached for promoting witchcraft for her last release 'Ek Thi Daayan'.
New Delhi: Producer Ekta Kapoor, who has been behind controversial films like 'Love Sex Aur Dhoka', 'Kya Super Cool Hai Hum' and 'Ragini MMS', believes Indian men need to change their mentality towards women.
"Mentality of men in India is becoming a problem. Men do not feel any social responsibility. Our culture is stopping women everytime. The main idea behind making 'The Dirty Picture' was to make people aware of women's sexuality.
"When John Abraham goes shirtless nobody has a problem but when our actresses do that everyone wants to chop off that scene," Ekta said while speaking on the topic of 'Sex, Nudity, Dance Numbers and the kiss' during the Centenary Film Festival here.
Ekta was reproached for promoting witchcraft for her last release 'Ek Thi Daayan'. The 37-year-old producer said she was shocked to be blamed like this.
"It was a horror film and I didn't promote any witchcraft in it. I even got a letter from National Commission of Women where to my surprise, I was charged for using the Nirbhaya issue during the promotion of the film. I used a bus which was titled 'The bus to hell' and they assumed I roped in the rape case to promote my film," said Ekta.
The producer believes that 'Dabangg 2' item number 'Fevicol se' was criticised unnecessarily because the film had a very progressive approach towards women.
"I appreciate Salman and Arbaaz for their progressive thinking and incorporating the same in the film. Arbaaz very well utilised Salman's stardom to highlight the responsibilities a man towards his wife and society. There were four scenes in the film that really took me by surprise," Ekta said.
- Diwali: Festival of Lights
- UP Police to Celebrate Diwali at Old Age Homes, Orphanages
- Light Up Your Diwali With These Quick DIY Tips
- Virat Kohli's Message for Jawans on Diwali
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali