Ekta Kapoor to sign Varun Dhawan for a remake?
Gossip mills are abuzz that the film in question is a comedy and will be directed by David Dhawan.
Mumbai: Newcomer Varun Dhawan is likely to feature in the remake of a Telugu film to be produced by Ekta Kapoor. Varun, 25, made a hit debut with Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year' along with Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt last year.
"We have approached Varun... We are in talks with him. Things are in process. We are getting things working out. We had bought the rights of the Telugu film a year back," a source close to the project told PTI.
Gossip mills are abuzz that the film in question is a comedy and will be directed by David Dhawan. But there has been no official announcement from the makers yet.
"We are in process of finalising things including the cast and crew. We will hopefully make an announcement in a week's time," the source added.
The shooting for the film is likely to begin from this year.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi to Appear in Assam Court Today
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test