Ekta Kapoor to sign Varun Dhawan for a remake?
Gossip mills are abuzz that the film in question is a comedy and will be directed by David Dhawan.
Mumbai: Newcomer Varun Dhawan is likely to feature in the remake of a Telugu film to be produced by Ekta Kapoor. Varun, 25, made a hit debut with Karan Johar's 'Student Of The Year' along with Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt last year.
"We have approached Varun... We are in talks with him. Things are in process. We are getting things working out. We had bought the rights of the Telugu film a year back," a source close to the project told PTI.
Gossip mills are abuzz that the film in question is a comedy and will be directed by David Dhawan. But there has been no official announcement from the makers yet.
"We are in process of finalising things including the cast and crew. We will hopefully make an announcement in a week's time," the source added.
The shooting for the film is likely to begin from this year.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals