DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Elderly man charred to death while sleeping
<p>"An elderly man was charred to death while sleeping when his quilt caught fire in the wee hours on Monday", police said.</p>
"An elderly man was charred to death while sleeping when his quilt caught fire in the wee hours on Monday", police said.
Madan, in his early seventies, was sleeping under a flex canvas along the road side near Apex circle on Sunday night when his quilt caught fire from wood logs he had lit at around 3 am on Monday, SHO Malvia Nagar Manoj Sharma said.
"His son, who stays in a rented accommodation nearby, informed the police about the incident," he said. "Empty bottles of liquor were recovered from the place where the deceased was residing. The body was shifted to SMS hospital mortuary for post mortem," Sharma said.