Elena Vesnina wins Hobart International
Vesnina captured her first WTA title by beating defending champion Mona Barthel 6-3, 6-4.
Hobart: Russia's Elena Vesnina captured her first WTA title by beating defending champion Mona Barthel 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday in the final of the Hobart International.
The 68th-ranked, unseeded Vesnina ended Barthel's winning run of 12-straight matches in Hobart, and finally clinched her first title after five previous losses in finals.
The 26-year-old Vesnina took the first set in 37 minutes with service breaks in the seventh and ninth games. She clinched the match in 1 hour, 23 minutes with two breaks to one in the second set.
Recommended For You
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century