Elena Vesnina wins Hobart International
Vesnina captured her first WTA title by beating defending champion Mona Barthel 6-3, 6-4.
Hobart: Russia's Elena Vesnina captured her first WTA title by beating defending champion Mona Barthel 6-3, 6-4 on Saturday in the final of the Hobart International.
The 68th-ranked, unseeded Vesnina ended Barthel's winning run of 12-straight matches in Hobart, and finally clinched her first title after five previous losses in finals.
The 26-year-old Vesnina took the first set in 37 minutes with service breaks in the seventh and ninth games. She clinched the match in 1 hour, 23 minutes with two breaks to one in the second set.
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Watch the five claims of Sharif at the 71st session of UNGA
- UK Police to Probe Pakistan-Born Actor's Anti-India Rant
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Elections 2016: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Lock Horns in First Presidential Debate Live
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown