Bhubaneswar: 3 flights make emergency landings due to rough weather
A few passengers and crew members were not feeling well due to the weather and were given medical attention at the airport.
Bhubaneswar: Chaos broke out at Bhubaneswar's Biju Patnaik airport on Sunday night after three flights had to make emergency landings following inclement weather. Heavy showers and rough skies led to the flights landing at Bhubaneswar.
The aircraft that made emergency landings due to gutsy winds included two Indigo flights from Raipur to Kolkata and Bangalore to Kolkata, Airport Director Sharad Kumar said said. The Air India flight from Agartala to Kolkata also made emergency landing under similar conditions, he said.
Maintaining that all passengers and crew members were safe, Kumar said, "No harm was caused to anyone on board the aircraft though 2 to 3 passengers and as many crew members were not feeling well due to the turbulence and they were given proper attention."
- Sushma Swaraj at UNGA: Kashmir is an Integral Part of India
- Misbah-ul-Haq Hopes Bilateral Ties With India Will Resume
- China Again Declines to Confirm Backing Pakistan on Kashmir
- Peshawar: IED Hits Patrol Van in Northwest Pakistan, 9 Injured
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together Says PM Modi
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ajit Doval, Jaishankar Attend Indus Waters Treaty Meet Chaired by PM Modi
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test