Emma Thompson to play 'Mary Poppins' writer
Emma is playing the role of 'Mary Poppins' author P L Travers in the film, while Hanks plays Walt Disney.
London: Emma Thompson is all set to give Tom Hanks a tough time in Walt Disney's biopic 'Saving Mr Banks'.
Thompson, 53, is playing the role of 'Mary Poppins' author P L Travers in the film, which is currently being shot while Hanks plays Walt Disney.
The actress wore her hair in tight curls and carried a white beaded clutch bag during the shoot, the Daily Mail reported.
Disney, the founder of the animated studio, spent 14 years trying to persuade Travers to allow him to make a film of her children's story.
Travers was reluctant to sell the film rights but Disney eventually won her over. But Travers did not like the film and became so upset with Disney that she never worked with him again.
'Mary Poppins' went to become one of the studios' most beloved films and starred Julie Andrews in her Hollywood debut as the magical nanny. Dick Van Dyke played a one man band who befriends Poppins and the children under her charge.
The 1964 musical featured live action and animated scenes and many memorable tunes, including 'A Spoonful of Sugar' and 'Lets Go Fly A Kite'.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru