Emma Watson defends Stewart over cheating scandal
Kristen Stewart hit the headlines after photographs of her kissing Rupert Sanders went viral.
Los Angeles: 'Harry Potter' star Emma Watson has taken aim at the media for attacking actress Kristen Stewart following her cheating scandal last year, saying anyone can make mistakes.
Stewart hit the headlines after photographs of her kissing her married 'Snow White and The Huntsman' director Rupert Sanders went viral and she was forced to issue a public apology for the 'indiscretion', which caused a brief break-up of her romance with 'Twilight' co-star Robert Pattinson, reported Us magazine.
Stewart was criticised for months over her messy love life, but Watson felt nothing but sympathy for the actress because she had to struggle through her personal problems in the glare of the media spotlight.
"Those who criticised her are the same people that think that being rich and famous is like being covered in some kind of magic powder that makes life perfect: Nothing can go wrong in your wonderful world.
"For these people, Kristen deserves all the bad things that have been thrown at her because she had an amazing life and she ruined it," Watson said.
"I thought that the media picked on her in a very horrible way. Kristen is human, just like everybody else, and she's so young. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone. It's not fair to consider them matters of public interest.
"On one hand, I can understand why it happened: people felt really involved in her relationship with Robert Pattinson. But it's also true that they both have done everything in their power to keep their relationship as far from the public eye as possible," Watson added.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- Running for President is a 'Step Down' For My Dad: Trump Junior
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Champions League: Lionel Messi Hat-Trick Punishes Pep Guardiola's Error-Prone Manchester City
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan