Emma Watson named most 'dangerous' cyber celeb
Emma Watson is the favorite celebrity bait for cyber criminals trying to lure Internet users.
New York: Emma Watson is the favorite celebrity bait for cyber criminals trying to lure Internet users. McAfee said Monday that the 'Harry Potter' star is the "most dangerous" celebrity to search for online. That's because many sites use Watson to trick users into downloading malicious software or to steal personal information.
When searching for the 22-year-old Watson, there's a one-in-eight chance of landing on a malicious site.
This is the sixth time the Intel-owned security technology company has conducted the study, which was last year topped by Heidi Klum. Female celebrities are far more likely to be utilized by cyber criminals: late-night host Jimmy Kimmel was the only male in the top 20.
Others among the riskiest celebrities to search online are Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez and Halle Berry.
- Don't put Indo-Pak in Same Group of International Tournaments: BCCI
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet