Encephalitis claims 9 more lives in UP
With this, the death toll due to encephalitis rose to 465 this year in Uttar Pradesh.
Gorakhpur: Nine more people succumbed to encephalitis, taking the death count in the brain fever to 465 so far this year in Uttar Pradesh's eastern region, health officials said in Gorakhpur on Wednesday.
Four encephalitis patients from Gorakhpur, two each from Kushinagar and Deoria and one from Mahrajganj succumbed to the illness in the last two days, they said.
With this, the death toll due to the viral disease rose to 465 this year, they said.
As many as 301 encephalitis patients are undergoing treatment at BRD Medical College.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show