Encephalitis claims 9 more lives in UP
With this, the death toll due to encephalitis rose to 465 this year in Uttar Pradesh.
Gorakhpur: Nine more people succumbed to encephalitis, taking the death count in the brain fever to 465 so far this year in Uttar Pradesh's eastern region, health officials said in Gorakhpur on Wednesday.
Four encephalitis patients from Gorakhpur, two each from Kushinagar and Deoria and one from Mahrajganj succumbed to the illness in the last two days, they said.
With this, the death toll due to the viral disease rose to 465 this year, they said.
As many as 301 encephalitis patients are undergoing treatment at BRD Medical College.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time