Gorakhpur: 7 more children die of encephalitis
In the encephalitis ward of Gorakhpur's BRD Medical College, three children die on an average everyday.
Gorakhpur: Seven more children died of encephalitis in the last 24 hours in Gorakhpur's BRD Medical College, Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll to 372.
CNN-IBN had learnt that nearly Rs 3350 crore was sanctioned by the government to battle the outbreak but with no improvement in the condition it seems the money never reached to those who needed it the most.
After CNN-IBN highlighted the plight of the victims and their families, the Akhilesh Yadav government has now promised swift action. The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on Thursday summoned senior officials.
In the encephalitis ward of Gorakhpur's BRD Medical College, three children die on an average everyday. While most of the children are on ventilator support, doctors are fighting all odds to keep them alive but many parents have already run out of hope.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory