Encounter Underway Between Security Forces, Maoists in Bihar
In another attack by the Maoists, police were targeted by Maoists in Giddheshwar forest on Friday.
Image for representation only.
Patna: In another attack by the Maoists, police were targeted by Maoists in Giddheshwar forest on Friday.
Jamui superintendent of police Jayantkant said that the jawans inflicted heavy damage to the Maoist hideouts and the latter had to flee that area. The Maoists were soon intercepted in Kauakole jungles of the bordering Nawada district where, at the time of filing of this report, the encounter was still going on.
According to officials, Kauakole is a hilly terrain where there is no network connectivity. Additional forces have reached the spot to help with the operations.
Sources also told News18 that security forces have recovered many items from their hideouts in Jamui including solar plates, night vision devices. No weapons have been recovered.
This comes just days after chief minister Nitish Kumar, while participating in a meeting called by chief ministers of Naxal-affected states, lashed out at Centre's anti-Naxal policy, asserting that use of force alone could not be the solution.
Recommended For You
- Dhawan Calls Bhuvi 'Joru ka Ghulam' Even Before His Marriage
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition Launched for Rs 5.44 Lakh
- Have Been Asked Not to Speak on Padmavati Row, Says Ranveer Singh
- News18.com Announces The Jury Members For Its Annual Tech & Auto Awards
- The Crown Season 2: Masaba, Swara Brighten Netflix Show's Global Premiere in London