Encounter Underway Between Security Forces, Maoists in Bihar
In another attack by the Maoists, police were targeted by Maoists in Giddheshwar forest on Friday.
Image for representation only.
Patna: In another attack by the Maoists, police were targeted by Maoists in Giddheshwar forest on Friday.
Jamui superintendent of police Jayantkant said that the jawans inflicted heavy damage to the Maoist hideouts and the latter had to flee that area. The Maoists were soon intercepted in Kauakole jungles of the bordering Nawada district where, at the time of filing of this report, the encounter was still going on.
According to officials, Kauakole is a hilly terrain where there is no network connectivity. Additional forces have reached the spot to help with the operations.
Sources also told News18 that security forces have recovered many items from their hideouts in Jamui including solar plates, night vision devices. No weapons have been recovered.
This comes just days after chief minister Nitish Kumar, while participating in a meeting called by chief ministers of Naxal-affected states, lashed out at Centre's anti-Naxal policy, asserting that use of force alone could not be the solution.
Recommended For You
- New World No.1 Federer Wins Rotterdam for 97th Title
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Elegance in this Traditional Outfit; See Pics
- Black Panther Review: It Proves Marvel Can Make Movies With Conscience Sans Wry Humour
- Priya Varrier Beats Sunny Leone To Become Google's Most-searched Celebrity
- Randhir Kapoor Calls Out Paparazzi, Says 'Now Everyone Recognises Taimur's Maid Also'