Encourage art of puppetry, says Yechury
Puppet shows can be used to disseminate important social messages, he said in Rajahmundry on Tuesday.
Rajahmundry: CPM leader and Rajya Sabha MP Sitaram Yechury has said there was a need to encourage the art of puppetry in the country. Puppet shows can be used to disseminate important social messages, he said in Rajahmundry on Tuesday.
Yechury, Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Tourism and Cultural, was speaking at a function organized by the District Puppetry Artists and Association for the promotion of the art in Andhra Pradesh.
"Several ways of entertainment programmes are present today, but puppetry has not lost its importance."
Yechury advised the younger generation to learn the art of puppetry, a form of theatre which involves the manipulation of puppets.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology