Subramanian Swamy Rages Against PDP, Wants BJP to End Alliance
A TV grab of Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti and Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Amit Shah.
New Delhi: Minutes after CNN-News18 aired the audio tapes on the conspiracy between Hizbul terrorist Burhan Wani and Lashkar chief Hafiz Saeed, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy urged his party to end the alliance with PDP in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The alliance with the PDP was not a wise decision, as PDP is a sympathiser of Burhani wani," Swamy said.
The Rajya Sabha MP said the alliance should have been broken long time ago. "Hope now the government takes a wise decision and ends the alliance," he told CNN-News18.
The PDP, which is in a ruling alliance with the BJP in J&K, has been unapproving of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani's killing by security forces in an encounter in July, with Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti even saying once that he should have had been "given a chance."
The audio tape of the conversation between Wani and Lashkar e Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed revealed the conspiracy between the two to put up a united fight against Indian security forces.
Reacting to the tape, state BJP MLA Ravinder Raina said, "Burhan Wani was a terrorist. His bosses were in Pakistan, they were funded by the Pakistan government. Yesterday it was Burhan Wani, next it will be Hafiz Saeed."
Independent MLA Engineer Rashid said: "Burhan Wani was a militant and so is Hafiz Saeed. So I don't see anything surprising in it. There is nothing new in a militant asking another militant for money."
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- Film ReviewMoana Movie Review: This Disney Adventure is Magical and Inspirational
- Creative!Sonam Gupta Bewafa Hai Makes It To The IIT Guwahati Examination Paper
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet