Engineering student commits suicide for separate Telangana
The letter written in Telugu contained slogans in support of separate Telangana state like 'Jai Telangana', the police said.
Hyderabad: An engineering student, allegedly committed suicide for the cause of a separate Telangana state at Pavanpuri Colony in Hyderabad on Wednesday, the police said. The body of N Dinesh Chandra, a third-year B Tech student in a private college, was found hanging in his room they said, adding that a death note was also found in the room.
The letter purported to have been written by Dinesh appealed to "Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao to achieve the formation of a separate Telangana state without giving bandh calls."
The letter written in Telugu, also contained slogans in support of separate Telangana state like 'Jai Telangana', the police said. It stated that "I am committing suicide which is wrong and others should not do such a mistake," the police said.
The youth reportedly sent text messages to his relatives before resorting to the extreme step this morning, they said. Dinesh, hails from Achampet mandal of Mahabubnagar district and his father works as an accountant in the Agriculture Marketing Committee there, a senior police officer said.
"We are sending the letter to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for verifying the handwriting," Assistant Commissioner of Police (LB Nagar Division) J Amarendar Reddy said. Saroornagar police has filed a case.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Surgical Strike Across LoC: US Objects to Pakistan's Nuclear Threats Against India
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- This is how Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack during surgical strike - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18