Esha Deol: No actress could play 'Basanti' like Hema Malini
Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood.
Khandwa: Actress Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood as no contemporary actress could step into the shoes of 'Basanti', the role epitomised by her mother, veteran actress Hema Malini.
"It is not possible to remake 'Sholay' as nobody would be able to do the role of 'Basanti' as done by Hema Malini. There is no alternative in the film industry who can play the role of 'Basanti' like Hema Malini", Esha told reporters on the sidelines of a function here today.
Taking a dig at Ram Gopal Verma who came up with 'Aag' in 2007, the official remake of 'Sholay', Esha said, "Ram Gopal Verma tried to produce new 'Sholay', but it was unsuccessful".
Esha, who had made her acting debut in 'Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe', said she was more inclined to classical dancing and studying Indian culture.
"The classical and folk dances have their own importance which is different from the dances in films", Esha said, adding she was attracted towards dancing since her childhood.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance