DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Esha Deol: No actress could play 'Basanti' like Hema Malini
Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood.
Khandwa: Actress Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood as no contemporary actress could step into the shoes of 'Basanti', the role epitomised by her mother, veteran actress Hema Malini.
"It is not possible to remake 'Sholay' as nobody would be able to do the role of 'Basanti' as done by Hema Malini. There is no alternative in the film industry who can play the role of 'Basanti' like Hema Malini", Esha told reporters on the sidelines of a function here today.
Taking a dig at Ram Gopal Verma who came up with 'Aag' in 2007, the official remake of 'Sholay', Esha said, "Ram Gopal Verma tried to produce new 'Sholay', but it was unsuccessful".
Esha, who had made her acting debut in 'Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe', said she was more inclined to classical dancing and studying Indian culture.
"The classical and folk dances have their own importance which is different from the dances in films", Esha said, adding she was attracted towards dancing since her childhood.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017