Esha Deol: No actress could play 'Basanti' like Hema Malini
Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood.
Khandwa: Actress Esha Deol feels that making remake of 1975 blockbuster 'Sholay' would remain a pipe-dream for Bollywood as no contemporary actress could step into the shoes of 'Basanti', the role epitomised by her mother, veteran actress Hema Malini.
"It is not possible to remake 'Sholay' as nobody would be able to do the role of 'Basanti' as done by Hema Malini. There is no alternative in the film industry who can play the role of 'Basanti' like Hema Malini", Esha told reporters on the sidelines of a function here today.
Taking a dig at Ram Gopal Verma who came up with 'Aag' in 2007, the official remake of 'Sholay', Esha said, "Ram Gopal Verma tried to produce new 'Sholay', but it was unsuccessful".
Esha, who had made her acting debut in 'Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe', said she was more inclined to classical dancing and studying Indian culture.
"The classical and folk dances have their own importance which is different from the dances in films", Esha said, adding she was attracted towards dancing since her childhood.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Champions League: Sergio Aguero stars as Man City sink Monaco