DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
European Union praises rapid development of Bihar
Kumar told Cravinho in details about the state's need for special status to spur development.
Patna: The European Union On Tuesday praised the rapid development spree in Bihar within a short period of time. EU envoy Joao Cravinho met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his residence and attributed the turnaround to "dynamic leadership" of the Chief Minister. The EU envoy was accompanied by First Counsellor and head of its political affairs Anne Marchal.
During the meeting, the EU representatives discussed about new initiatives taken by the government in the fields of education, agriculture roadmap and skill development, an official statement said. Cravinho sought inputs about the government's demand for special category state for Bihar. Kumar told him in details about the state's need for special status to spur development.
The visitors expressed keenness to watch successful implementation of development and welfare projects on the ground in the state. Kumar honoured the foreign guests by presenting them memorabilia, the statement added. Principal Secretary to the chief minister, M Anjani Kumar Singh and his secretaries Atish Chandra and Sanjay Kumar Singh were also present.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande