Ex-CBI Director appointed Nagaland Governor, Jamir in Odisha
Former Delhi Police Commissioner Nikhil Kumar, who was serving as Governor of Nagaland, has been transferred and appointed as Governor of Kerala.
New Delhi: Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar and Congress veteran SC Jamir on Saturday were appointed as Governors of Nagaland and Odhisa respectively. Kumar, who was the Director of the agency from August 2008 to November 2010, is the first head of the agency to be appointed as a Governor.
62-year-old Kumar, who has worked in various positions in CBI and elite SPG, completed his doctorate from Himachal Pradesh University. President Pranab Mukherjee also transferred Governor of Tripura DY Patil to Bihar and shifted Bihar Governor Devanand Konwar to Tripura for the remainder of their five-year terms, Rashtrapati Bhavan spoeksperson Venru Rajamony said in an official release.
Former Delhi Police Commissioner Nikhil Kumar, who was serving as Governor of Nagaland, has been transferred and appointed as Governor of Kerala for the remainder of his tenure. Karnataka Governor H R Bhardawaj was looking after Kerala after the death of MOH Farooqui on January 26, 2012. A 1963-batch IPS officer, 72-year-old Kumar was appointed as Governor of Nagaland on October 15, 2009.
Patil had taken over as the Governor of Tripura state on November 27, 2009. Konwar took over as Governor of Bihar on September 26, 2009. Four time Chief Minister of Nagaland and former Governor of Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat, 81-year-old Jamir was appointed as Governor of Odhisa.
He succeeds 84-year-old MC Bhandare who had been appointed as Governor in August 2007 and was continuing even after his term had expired in 2012.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Timeline of Events That Led to the Present Crisis
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Shrama Feel at Home