Ex-JD(U) leader Upendra forms a new political party
Kushwaha has accused Nitish Kumar and Lalu Prasad of "be-fooling the people of Bihar for over two decades".
Patna: A month after quitting the Rajya Sabha seat as well as the Janata Dal (United)'s primary membership, senior leader Upendra Kushwaha on Sunday launched political party the Rashtriya Lok Samata Party with a pledge to oust the NDA government in Bihar.
Kushwaha unveiled the name and flag of his party at an impressive rally at the historic Gandhi Maidan. Apparently eyeing the support of minorities and the Most Backward Castes (MBCs) for revival of his fledgling political career, the RLSP founding leader lambasted both Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad for "be-fooling the people of Bihar for over two decades with one false promise or another".
"We will deliver in terms of concrete results if voted to power and ensure economic development of Bihar and welfare of its people," Kushwaha said.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets