Exams conducted by UPSC
One of the major functions of the Commission is recruitment to services and posts through competitive exams.
The Union Public Service Commission, popularly known as UPSC, was accorded a constitutional status as an autonomous entity in the new constitution on 26th January, 1950. One of the major functions of the Commission is recruitment to services and posts under the Union through conduct of competitive examinations. The Commission usually conducts a number of examinations every year on an all-India basis for direct recruitment in various fields, such as the Civil Services, Engineering, Medical and Forest Services etc.
The plan of examinations usually includes, preliminary, and/or main examination followed by an interview for personality test. The application form is common for all the examinations but the eligibility conditions and other details may vary. Also, one has to submit separate forms if he/she wants to appear in more than one examination.
UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom along with the country's higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.
Exams conducted by the UPSC:
1. Civil Services
2. Indian Forest Service
3. Indian Engineering Services
4. Indian Economic / Statistical Services
6. Special Class Railway Apprentices
7. National Defense Academy and Naval Academy
8. Combined Defence Services
9. Combined Medical Services
10. Section Officers / Stenographers
11. Central Police Force
12. RIMC (Rashtriya Indian Military College), Dehradun
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands