Exhibition of Tagore's works opens in Russia
The exhibition has been inaugurated to mark the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Rabindranath Tagore.
Moscow: An exhibition of original literary works and paintings by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore was opened in Moscow on Thursday to mark the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of the Nobel laureate in Russia.
The exhibition, at the Oriental Centre of the Russian State Library, is first of the several events being organised this month as part of the birth anniversary celebrations of Tagore in Russia, Indian Embassy said in a statement.
Indian Ambassador to Russia Ajai Malhotra inaugurated the exhibition, it said.
On September 28-29, a two-day conference on "Tagore and Modern World" will also be organised by the Russian State University for the Humanities in collaboration with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and the Jawaharlal Nehru Cultural Centre of the Indian Embassy in Moscow.
Simultaneously with the conference, exhibitions titled "Tagore in Cinema" and "Tagore in Advertisements" will also be opened in the Russian State University for the Humanities.
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump