Exhibition of Tagore's works opens in Russia
The exhibition has been inaugurated to mark the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Rabindranath Tagore.
Moscow: An exhibition of original literary works and paintings by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore was opened in Moscow on Thursday to mark the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of the Nobel laureate in Russia.
The exhibition, at the Oriental Centre of the Russian State Library, is first of the several events being organised this month as part of the birth anniversary celebrations of Tagore in Russia, Indian Embassy said in a statement.
Indian Ambassador to Russia Ajai Malhotra inaugurated the exhibition, it said.
On September 28-29, a two-day conference on "Tagore and Modern World" will also be organised by the Russian State University for the Humanities in collaboration with the Indian Council of Cultural Relations and the Jawaharlal Nehru Cultural Centre of the Indian Embassy in Moscow.
Simultaneously with the conference, exhibitions titled "Tagore in Cinema" and "Tagore in Advertisements" will also be opened in the Russian State University for the Humanities.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement