1 dead, 20 injured in accident on Yamuna Expressway
The mishap occurred after vehicles piled up on the road due to thick fog. Eleven cars were involved in the pile-up.
Noida: A child was killed and three others were critically injured in a mishap on the Yamuna Expressway on Friday. The mishap occurred after vehicles piled up on the road due to thick fog. Eleven cars were involved in the pile-up.
Meanwhile, 17 other people have sustained injuries and they are being treated at the Kailash hospital in Noida.
The incident happened near Bhaipur in Jewar area, 24 km from Zero point at Greater Noida, police said. "Due to dense fog, a UP Roadways bus en route from Noida to Agra collided with a canter. Thereafter, number of vehicles collided in series," a police officer said.
A doctor at Kailash hospital said, "Six injured persons left for Delhi hospitals on their own against medical advise (LAMA). The others are still admitted at hospital."
"Bhim Singh, Pohop Singh and Pawan Singh were admitted to ICU as their condition was critical," the doctor said. Several injured have suffered multiple fractures, he said.
The police officer said, "Though I was appealing the drivers to drive slow due to fog, but still drivers continued driving fast." "I had stopped and warned few drivers but it is not possible to warn each and every speeding vehicle. People should know that driving in speed in fog is fatal," he said.
With additional information from PTI
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Bangladesh vs England Live Score: 1st Test, Day 1 in Chittagong
- Tennis Ace Sania Mirza Completes 80 Consecutive Weeks as No 1 Doubles Player
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate