1 dead, 20 injured in accident on Yamuna Expressway
The mishap occurred after vehicles piled up on the road due to thick fog. Eleven cars were involved in the pile-up.
Noida: A child was killed and three others were critically injured in a mishap on the Yamuna Expressway on Friday. The mishap occurred after vehicles piled up on the road due to thick fog. Eleven cars were involved in the pile-up.
Meanwhile, 17 other people have sustained injuries and they are being treated at the Kailash hospital in Noida.
The incident happened near Bhaipur in Jewar area, 24 km from Zero point at Greater Noida, police said. "Due to dense fog, a UP Roadways bus en route from Noida to Agra collided with a canter. Thereafter, number of vehicles collided in series," a police officer said.
A doctor at Kailash hospital said, "Six injured persons left for Delhi hospitals on their own against medical advise (LAMA). The others are still admitted at hospital."
"Bhim Singh, Pohop Singh and Pawan Singh were admitted to ICU as their condition was critical," the doctor said. Several injured have suffered multiple fractures, he said.
The police officer said, "Though I was appealing the drivers to drive slow due to fog, but still drivers continued driving fast." "I had stopped and warned few drivers but it is not possible to warn each and every speeding vehicle. People should know that driving in speed in fog is fatal," he said.
With additional information from PTI
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18