Ezekiel Kemboi wins men's steeplechase at World Championships
Kemboi won his third straight world championship title in the men's steeplechase, finishing just ahead of Kenyan teammate Conseslus Kipruto.
Moscow: Ezekiel Kemboi won his third straight world championship title Thursday in the men's steeplechase, finishing just ahead of Kenyan teammate Conseslus Kipruto.
Kemboi, who has also won two Olympic titles, won the race in 8 minutes, 6.01 seconds. Kipruto took silver in 8:06.37 and Mahiedine Mekhissi of France, a two-time Olympic silver medalist, took bronze in 8:07.86.
Kenya has won every world and Olympic title since 2005 when Kenyan-born Qatari Saif Saaeed Shaheen took gold.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion