F1 testing: Force India's Hulkenberg fastest
Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time.
Barcelona: Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time in Formula One testing on Wednesday, while Red Bull was quickest among the 2012 favourites.
Hulkenberg's lap of 1 minute, 22.608 seconds was slightly quicker than his Sauber rival's, while defending F1 champion Sebastian Vettel was third for Red Bull with a time of 1:22.891.
Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fourth in front of Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso. Lewis Hamilton of McLaren was sixth, followed by Nico Rosberg of Mercedes.
Vettel and Hamilton appeared to run full race simulations, indicating the teams are pleased with their cars.
"I think we are on the right road with the car. The car reacted the way we expected. So far, so good," Vettel said after running 66 laps," Vettel said.
Hamilton was pleased with his McLaren running more than 1,000 kilometers in his two days behind the wheel before he hands over to teammate Jenson Button on Thursday.
"The car behaves really well in the high-speed corners, I think the baseline of our car is higher than it was last year and it's better overall at high speed," said Hamilton.
Lotus is not testing due to a chassis problem it hopes to resolve by next week's session.
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Karisma Kapoor, Sandeep Toshniwal Join Kareena-Saif, Sara, Ranbir for a Gala Night
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System