F1 testing: Force India's Hulkenberg fastest
Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time.
Barcelona: Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time in Formula One testing on Wednesday, while Red Bull was quickest among the 2012 favourites.
Hulkenberg's lap of 1 minute, 22.608 seconds was slightly quicker than his Sauber rival's, while defending F1 champion Sebastian Vettel was third for Red Bull with a time of 1:22.891.
Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fourth in front of Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso. Lewis Hamilton of McLaren was sixth, followed by Nico Rosberg of Mercedes.
Vettel and Hamilton appeared to run full race simulations, indicating the teams are pleased with their cars.
"I think we are on the right road with the car. The car reacted the way we expected. So far, so good," Vettel said after running 66 laps," Vettel said.
Hamilton was pleased with his McLaren running more than 1,000 kilometers in his two days behind the wheel before he hands over to teammate Jenson Button on Thursday.
"The car behaves really well in the high-speed corners, I think the baseline of our car is higher than it was last year and it's better overall at high speed," said Hamilton.
Lotus is not testing due to a chassis problem it hopes to resolve by next week's session.
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Shapoorji Pallonji to Move Company Law Board Against Tatas
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives