F1 testing: Force India's Hulkenberg fastest
Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time.
Barcelona: Force India's Nico Hulkenberg edged Sergio Perez for the fastest time in Formula One testing on Wednesday, while Red Bull was quickest among the 2012 favourites.
Hulkenberg's lap of 1 minute, 22.608 seconds was slightly quicker than his Sauber rival's, while defending F1 champion Sebastian Vettel was third for Red Bull with a time of 1:22.891.
Fernando Alonso of Ferrari was fourth in front of Daniel Ricciardo of Toro Rosso. Lewis Hamilton of McLaren was sixth, followed by Nico Rosberg of Mercedes.
Vettel and Hamilton appeared to run full race simulations, indicating the teams are pleased with their cars.
"I think we are on the right road with the car. The car reacted the way we expected. So far, so good," Vettel said after running 66 laps," Vettel said.
Hamilton was pleased with his McLaren running more than 1,000 kilometers in his two days behind the wheel before he hands over to teammate Jenson Button on Thursday.
"The car behaves really well in the high-speed corners, I think the baseline of our car is higher than it was last year and it's better overall at high speed," said Hamilton.
Lotus is not testing due to a chassis problem it hopes to resolve by next week's session.
- BCCI Has Been Unfair to Pakistan, Says Mudassar Nazar
- Pakistani Comedian's Take On Why India-Pakistan Should Not Go To War Is A Must Read
- Jeep Compass SUV Unveiled, India Launch in 2017
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and Water Cannot Flow Together, Says PM Modi