DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Facebook adds voice messaging to Messenger app
Taking another step into WhatsApp territory Facebook has updated its Messenger app for Android and iOS to support voice messaging.
New Delhi: Taking another step into WhatsApp territory Facebook has updated its Messenger app for Android and iOS to support voice messaging. Users can tap on the + button and then choose record and hold down the record button. The app will record the voice message and will sent it to the recipient as the button is released.
Facebook is also testing a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) feature with iPhone users in Canada, in what seems to be an attempt to take on Sype and Google Voice. If the Canadian testing is successful, Facebook is expected to introduce the VoIP feature to US and Europe.
Messenger is one Facebook's standalone apps and last month Facebook had opened up the app for non-Facebook users to broaden its user base.
Recommended For You
- May 26, 1999: Ganguly, Dravid Put On a Show at Taunton
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs