Facebook adds voice messaging to Messenger app
Taking another step into WhatsApp territory Facebook has updated its Messenger app for Android and iOS to support voice messaging.
New Delhi: Taking another step into WhatsApp territory Facebook has updated its Messenger app for Android and iOS to support voice messaging. Users can tap on the + button and then choose record and hold down the record button. The app will record the voice message and will sent it to the recipient as the button is released.
Facebook is also testing a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) feature with iPhone users in Canada, in what seems to be an attempt to take on Sype and Google Voice. If the Canadian testing is successful, Facebook is expected to introduce the VoIP feature to US and Europe.
Messenger is one Facebook's standalone apps and last month Facebook had opened up the app for non-Facebook users to broaden its user base.
Recommended For You
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology