DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg forming a political group: Source
A person familiar with Facebook says Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
New York: A person familiar with Facebook says CEO Mark Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
The person says the group will formally launch in the coming weeks. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is not public. The San Francisco Chronicle, Politico and others reported on it earlier.
Zuckerberg, 28, has already used his Facebook wealth to address political issues close to him. He donated $100 million of Facebook stock to Newark, N.J., schools. He also has announced plans to donate nearly $500 million in stock to a Silicon Valley charity to fund health and education issues.
In February he hosted a campaign event in his Palo Alto, California, home for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics