Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg forming a political group: Source
A person familiar with Facebook says Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
New York: A person familiar with Facebook says CEO Mark Zuckerberg is forming a political group to address issues such as education reform, immigration and scientific research.
The person says the group will formally launch in the coming weeks. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is not public. The San Francisco Chronicle, Politico and others reported on it earlier.
Zuckerberg, 28, has already used his Facebook wealth to address political issues close to him. He donated $100 million of Facebook stock to Newark, N.J., schools. He also has announced plans to donate nearly $500 million in stock to a Silicon Valley charity to fund health and education issues.
In February he hosted a campaign event in his Palo Alto, California, home for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Schizophrenia Can't be Ground for Halting Death Penalty, Says Pakistan SC Citing Indian Judgment
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18