Facebook changes users' email addresses
Facebook replaced the email address users chose when they signed up and changed it to a facebook.com address.
California: Facebook has changed your email address. At least that's how many felt after a quiet but vast change in the way the company displays users' contact information.
Facebook replaced the email address users chose when they signed up and changed it to a facebook.com address. The Facebook email accounts allow users to communicate with outside email addresses via Facebook.
The changes were first pointed out by bloggers over the weekend and publicised by media outlets Monday, leading to gripes from users, usually on their Facebook pages.
The company said in a statement in April that it was "updating addresses on Facebook to make them consistent across our site."
Facebook spokeswoman Jillian Stefanki said the site is also rolling out a setting that allows people to decide which email addresses to show on their pages.
"Ever since the launch of timeline, people have had the ability to control what posts they want to show or hide on their own timelines, and today we're extending that to other information they post, starting with the Facebook address," Stefanki said in an email late Monday.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology