Facebook couples pages: Virtual tour of your love life
Facebook couples pages create joint digital profiles for couples who have added their relationship on Facebook.
New Delhi: Continuing with its tradition of getting wrangled into privacy issues with new features, Facebook has launched pages for couples. Much like the recently revamped friendship pages, the Facebook couples pages are joint digital profiles for couples that tracks all Facebook content connecting the two users in a relationship.
The couples pages not only combine photos and posts in which a user and his/her partner are tagged but also pull in other content such as comments shared between the two on Facebook. It in a way gives a virtual tour of a couple's love life.
If you have mentioned that you are in a relationship on your Facebook profile, you can get the consolidated view of your and your partner's togetherness on Facebook at www.facebook.com/us. Many users are complaining that the new feature is "creepy". Michael MacDonald at canada.com calls it a "bad rom-com" while Jennifer Wright at TheGloss.com wants to "vomit".
That Facebook hasn't informed its users about the new feature and that there doesn't seem to be any simple way of opting out of the new couples pages have irked many.
It is interesting to note that while Mark Zuckerberg's wife Priscilla Chan has her relationship status public on Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg's profile does not list any relationship info.
If you also want to know what other couples look like together on Facebook, try this http://www.facebook.com/INSERT-FACEBOOK-USERNAME-OF-FIRST-PARTNER?and=INSERT-FACEBOOK-USERNAME-OF-OTHER-PARTNER . Replace the "INSERT-FACEBOOK-USERNAME-OF-FIRST-PARTNER" and "INSERT-FACEBOOK-USERNAME-OF-OTHER-PARTNER" with the respective usernames and copy and paste it into the browser address bar. Press enter. For example Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook username is "zuck" and Priscilla Chan's "priscilla".
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali