Facebook great resource for low-budget films: Producer
Jain, whose film 'I Am' won the National Award, said he got the opportunity through Facebook.
Agra: Social networking site Facebook could be used as an important resource to produce low-budget films in the coming days, a Bollywood producer said Tuesday.
"People are increasingly using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, and use of these platforms in the film industry can be anticipated in future," producer Rajesh Jain said here.
Talking to IANS, Jain - whose film 'I Am' won the National Award - said he got an opportunity to become the film's co-producer through Facebook.
He said: "The purpose of low-budget filmmakers is to look for new ideas and make them reach out to people. These filmmakers are passionate about what they do and the social media is a platform which helps them connect to the outside world."
Jain said that there have been many recent examples where people have managed to get funding through Facebook, including filmmaker Anurag Kashyap and director Onir. Many aspiring director-producers are also trying to fund their films through Facebook and Twitter.
"Crowd funding" is a new phenomenon, which would be used to fund films in the coming future.
Jain, who has a handicrafts export business, is producing a film "Blue Mountain", starring Gracy Singh, Ranveer Shourey and Rajpal Yadav. The film will be directed by Suman Ganguly.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit