Facebook has 25 million users in India
Facebook is the most popular social networking site in India, ahead of Orkut and Twitter.
New Delhi: The number of Facebook users in India has crossed the 25-million base mark, the social networking site said Thursday.
"Facebook currently has 25 million users in India," said David Fischer, vice president advertising and global operations, Facebook at an interactive advertising and digital marketing exhibition, Ad-tech here.
Facebook has almost become the most popular for active Internet users in the recent past in India, leaving behind other social networking sites such as Orkut and Twitter.
"We are also looking forward to building strong relationship with India's strong network of developers and entrepreneurs who are increasingly harnessing Facebook to create unique sharing experiences on the social web," said the company.
The 25-million and growing Facebook users in India range from business people and students to public figures and institutions, including Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, the Delhi Traffic Police and Bollywood actor Aamir Khan.
From January, Municipal Corporation of Delhi has also started using Facebook for users to post problems for immediate action on areas like sanitation and garbage cleaning.
India has over 100 million users. Though the figure is hardly 10 per cent of the total Indian population of 1.21 billion, it still puts India at the number three position in the world largest internet users list.
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan