Facebook outage hits US users, website down for several hours
Many US users were unable to access Facebook for several hours on Monday.
New Delhi: Many US users were unable to access Facebook for several hours on Monday. The issue has now been resolved. TechCrunch reports that Chrome users appeared to be disproportionately affected by the outage.
In a statement, a Facebook spokesperson said, "Earlier today we experienced a DNS issue that briefly prevented people who typed 'facebook.com' into their browsers from reaching the site. People who accessed the site using a mobile app, typed 'www.facebook.com; into their browsers, or used a bookmark or a search engine to navigate to the site were not affected. We resolved the issue quickly, and the fix should be fully propagated now. We apologise for any inconvenience."
In December 2012 Facebook users were briefly unable to access the site because of a similar technical glitch attributed to DNS issues. Facebook also faced downtime issues in June 2012.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory