Facebook photos get a new viewer
Users do not have to move away from their current page to view photos.
New Delhi: Facebook is rolling out a new photo viewer to all of its users over the next few weeks.
Unlike the older version of the viewer, the user stays on the same page while viewing a photo from his/her wall or elsewhere on Facebook. The images get displayed in a pop-up with a lightbox-like effect. Comments viewing and sharing has also been made easier.
According to Facebook, over 100 million photos are uploaded to the site every day and they believe that the re-designed photo viewer will increase photo views by 5 per cent. This would calculate to about an additional billion photo views every day.
The new viewer was also necessitated because the older viewer was "supported by some of the oldest code in the system and was in dire need of an upgrade."
Users can easily browse through photos either by clicking on the icons or by using simple keyboard shortcuts: Press Escape key to close the viewer; click the right or left arrow keys to move to the previous or next images in the album.
Facebook had first announced its plans about revamping its photo viewer back in September 2010, when it had began support for high-resolution images.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance