Facebook shares peak at $ 45, 200 million traded
The Facebook stock which had a offering price of $38 has peaked to $45.
New York: Facebook's trading volume is surging. It passed 150 million shares traded about 15 minutes after its debut on the Nasdaq and about 200 million shares were traded within the first half hour of trading.
The stock which had a offering price of $38 has peaked to $45 at the Nasdaq and the low for the day was $38.20.
The stock of another Internet company, Zynga, responsible for the popular FarmVille game on Facebook, appears to be halted for trading after it plunged minutes into the Facebook debut. There is no immediate word on why.
Facebook topped 100 million shares traded in the first four minutes after its debut on the Nasdaq. By comparison, Amazon.com has traded about 2.2 million shares today and Google about 2 million.
More than 80 million shares have traded in the first minute at the Nasdaq. The stock opened with a jump of about 11 percent, at $42.05, or $4.05 higher than the listing price.
(With inputs from AP)
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura