Facebook shares peak at $ 45, 200 million traded
The Facebook stock which had a offering price of $38 has peaked to $45.
New York: Facebook's trading volume is surging. It passed 150 million shares traded about 15 minutes after its debut on the Nasdaq and about 200 million shares were traded within the first half hour of trading.
The stock which had a offering price of $38 has peaked to $45 at the Nasdaq and the low for the day was $38.20.
The stock of another Internet company, Zynga, responsible for the popular FarmVille game on Facebook, appears to be halted for trading after it plunged minutes into the Facebook debut. There is no immediate word on why.
Facebook topped 100 million shares traded in the first four minutes after its debut on the Nasdaq. By comparison, Amazon.com has traded about 2.2 million shares today and Google about 2 million.
More than 80 million shares have traded in the first minute at the Nasdaq. The stock opened with a jump of about 11 percent, at $42.05, or $4.05 higher than the listing price.
(With inputs from AP)
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- REST IN PEACEBodies of Brazil Football Team Killed in Crash Arrive Home