Facebook, Twitter to be used for Census 2011
Social networking websites will be used to make people aware of the importance of Census 2011.
Bhopal: Social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter will also used to make people aware of the importance of Census 2011, an official said Friday.
The Madhya Pradesh government and the UN Children's Fund (Unicef) held a day-long workshop on the role of media in Census 2011.
It was announced that two pages on census related information had already been made on Facebook.
"While the centre's brand ambassadors are Sachin Tendulkar and actress Priyanka Chopra, lyricist Gulzar and television actress Divyanka Tripathi would be the brand ambassadors for census work in Madhya Pradesh," said Sachin Sinha, director of the directorate for census work.
"It is a real challenge for us to include everyone - from beggars to the elite class - in census," he said.
The second phase of Census 2011 will begin Feb 9 and continue till 28 across India.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right