DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Facebook, Twitter to be used for Census 2011
Social networking websites will be used to make people aware of the importance of Census 2011.
Bhopal: Social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter will also used to make people aware of the importance of Census 2011, an official said Friday.
The Madhya Pradesh government and the UN Children's Fund (Unicef) held a day-long workshop on the role of media in Census 2011.
It was announced that two pages on census related information had already been made on Facebook.
"While the centre's brand ambassadors are Sachin Tendulkar and actress Priyanka Chopra, lyricist Gulzar and television actress Divyanka Tripathi would be the brand ambassadors for census work in Madhya Pradesh," said Sachin Sinha, director of the directorate for census work.
"It is a real challenge for us to include everyone - from beggars to the elite class - in census," he said.
The second phase of Census 2011 will begin Feb 9 and continue till 28 across India.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi