Facebook updates location-based 'Nearby' service for iOS, Android apps
In addition to discovering new places to visit, users can also rate and recommend places to their friends.
New Delhi: Facebook has announced an update to the 'Nearby' tab for Android and iOS apps. This in turn makes it easier for users to discover new places their friends like.
To find new places, users just need to open the tab to find local spots their friends have recommended, checked into, or liked. "If you're looking for a place to eat, choose a category like Restaurants to see what's nearby. When you find a place that looks interesting, tap to see info like friends who've been there and business hours," said Facebook in a post.
Besides discovering new places to visit, users can also rate and recommend places to their friends. And eventually, their suggestions become more personalised the more they and their friends rate, recommend, and check into places.
According to Facebook, this is an early release and there's lots more to do. The company also plans to add places info from third party services in the near future. This update is available now.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner