Fact sheet: 22 blasts that ripped Ahmedabad apart
Key points about serial explosions which killed 53 people, injured hundreds.
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat police on Saturday said it had nearly solved the conspiracy behind the July 26 serial bombings in Ahmedabad. Here are the basic facts regarding one of the worst terror attacks in India in recent times:
Total Blasts: 22
Number of people dead: 53
Number of people injured: 200
Blasts occurred: between 6.30 p.m. and 8.00 p.m.
Maximum casualties at: Ahmedabad Civil Hospital; 36 dead.
Total complaints lodged: 18
Arrested people: Mufti Abu Bashir, Yunus Mansuri, Samsuddin Sheikh, RS Kadri, Yasuddin Sheikh, Usman Agarbatiwala, Imran, Iqbal Sheikh, Sajid Mansuri and Zahid Sheikh.
Investigations headed by: Ahmedabad Crime Branch Joint Police Commissioner Ashish Bhatia. Coordination with police outside Gujarat: Hyderabad, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Blasts method: Old cycles, to which explosives were strapped, purchased from: Sarangpur, Dani Limbda and Shah-e-Aalam areas of east Ahmedabad.
Cars used in blast: Maruti 800 and Wagon R cars stolen from Navi Mumbai.
Types of bombs used: Tiffin bomb, wooden boat shaped bomb and LPG gas cylinders in cars
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone