Family of Delhi braveheart seeks appointment with Sonia
The family is unhappy over the Juvenile Justice Board's decision on the sixth accused.
New Delhi: The family of Delhi gangrape victim has sought an appointment with UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to apprise her of their woes and demands. The father of the girl told reporters on phone that he has sought an appointment with Gandhi. Her office has asked the family to wait for some time in keeping with her pressing commitments, he said.
The family is unhappy over the Juvenile Justice Board's decision on the sixth accused, but have full faith that despite him being ruled as a minor, he would also get sternest of punishments, he said.
The father of the girl said he was seeking advice of legal experts on the decision of the Juvenile Justice Board but was yet to decide whether to go to court in this connection.
The family would try to ensure that the court takes this act as an exception and pronounce sternest of punishments to the accused. Her father said he found himself helpless before the law. The Juvenile Justice Board had said the sixth accused, described as the most brutal by the Delhi Police in its charge sheet, was a "minor" and this could enable him to walk free by June 4 this year when he attains the age of 18 years.
The brother of the deceased said just as the central and Delhi governments initiated steps on rape cases following mass protests and agitations, there should also be efforts for awarding capital punishment for minor offenders in rape cases. He also took exception to media running news of his
sister's love affair.
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Films Will Create My Identity: Harshvardhan Kapoor
- Were Dabholkar, Pansare Shot by Same Assassin?
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi